Next Office Tech/Next Com Tech’s Response to COVID-19
As the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to be seen across the world and in Australia, Next Office Tech/Next Com Tech have been working to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, as well as to support our customers and their ongoing business requirements.
The health and wellbeing of Next Office Tech/Next Com Tech’s employees and customers remain our priority and we have been providing regular updates to manage the emerging situation.
- We have implemented hygiene and sanitisation protocols in each workplace, including regular reminders of the importance to practice social distancing and hygiene, and the need to stay home if sick.
- We are encouraging our team to work from home to enable greater social distancing.
- Employees have been advised to not come to work if sick, self-isolate and report if they have been in a situation where they might have been exposed to coronavirus, or if they have symptoms.
To ensure the continuity of our business and our ability to continue to service our customers:
- We have IT infrastructure and a “Work from Home” policy in place to enable remote working as required.
- We have protocols to follow in the case of a staff member having a confirmed case of Coronavirus (COVID-19). This includes:
- the affected office or workplace would be closed if required until we could identify those impacted
- those impacted would be asked to self-isolate
- the affected office or workplace would be re-opened following sanitisation
- we will follow Government advice to track and notify any people who the employee had come into contact with.
Our products, consumables and services
Supply of consumables and spare parts
- Next Office Tech/Next Com Tech have two office locations with machines, consumables and spares on hand.
- We are currently limiting supplies to ensure that all customers have access to the items they need.
What can customers do
To best help manage the stock we have available during this time, we’re asking that customers also play a part:
- Use any additional consumable units they have before ordering more.
Servicing your devices
- Our service is business-as-usual currently, and each staff member has been asked to follow the recommended social distancing and hygiene practices.
- Our team will call the individual site to determine if the appointment is confirmed, and that the site is safe to visit.
- We ask for the co-operation of our customers to work with our team members to ensure their continued health and safety at your workplace.
Information for customer site visits
- We are aiming to limit the contact we have with our customers when servicing Next Office Tech/Next Com Tech equipment on their premises as much as possible with the goal being zero contact. Measures include:
- our technicians have been advised not to shake hands or have any other physical contact
- there is no requirement for the customer to sign for any Next Office Tech/Next Com Tech onsite service. Our team members will enter all call details directly into their own device
- all devices will be wiped with a suitable disinfectant solution before our engineers work on the device as well as when they finish
- If work is required to be done on a customer workstation, our technician will use disposable gloves or request that the owner of that workstation complete the tasks under verbal instructions of the technician.
Our sales, solutions and training consultants
- Our team members continue to be available to support our customers in a remote or virtual manner. If training is required we will work with customers to ensure social distancing is achieved.
The situation regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) is rapidly evolving and Next Office Tech/Next Com Tech will continue to follow Australian Government Department of Health and World Health Organisation advice and provide updates as required.